PROJECT CORRECTIONS/TIME SPENT
I spent two hours and 25 minutes making corrections on my photo design project and my montage project.
Design a portfolio using InDesign that showcases all projects from Comm 130: Visual Media.
Process (Programs, Tools, Skills, FOCUS principles)
1. I sketched out some ideas for my layout. I looked at each of my designs and thought about the color scheme I wanted to use and the style of my portfolio background.
2. I designed the portfolio background in Adobe Illustrator using the polygon shape tool, combined with opacity alterations. I then used a clipping mask to save the background image of the layers I created.
3. I began building the layout in InDesign. I started with the master pages for each project category.
4. I formatted all of the images from my projects and placed them into the desired fields in InDesign for proper alignment.
5. Lastly, I updated all of the text for each project. I performed a spell check and made sure each paragraph had proper leading and kerning.
6. I then saved the file as a PDF and .indd for future use and uploading for this course.
I got a critique from Brother Stucki via Adobe Connect. He loved my color scheme. He thought I needed to play with my margins and adjust the framing of the pages. Also, thought a couple of the pages were to busy and I should simplify those pages by maybe using a solid a background. I took Brother Stucki up on each suggestion and made the necessary changes.
I got my daughter Allison’s opinion on this portfolio and she liked all of the changes and suggestions from Brother Stucki and the class mates on Facebook. I tried to update each category that I was critiqued on to the best of my ability.
I want to provide potential clients with my design skills that exhibit my work in a professional layout.
TOP THING LEARNED
How to make a professional background using shapes and a clipping mask in Adobe Illustrator. Thanks Youtube.
COLOR SCHEME & COLOR NAMES
Complimentary // Lime and Purple
TITLE FONT NAME & CATEGORY
Baskerville // Serif-Old Style
COPY FONT NAME & CATEGORY
Avenir Next // San Serif-humanist
SOURCE OF EACH IMAGE (website name and hyperlink)
All images and graphics are my own.